Especially with the winter just around the corner, it’s important for homeowners to know how to improve their homes’ indoor air quality in Placerville. Think about it: during the cold months, you do your best to keep all of your home’s doors and windows shut in order to keep the indoor temperature nice and warm. However, this isn’t the healthiest way to live, since indoor air that keeps recirculating can contain contaminants that are bad for your health.
Improving Indoor Air Quality Is Key
That’s why the team of expert HVAC technicians here at Air Tech Pros has put together our list of top five tips to improve your indoor air quality:
- Make sure your HVAC system is well-maintained. Whether it’s a part of your central air system or not, you should have your HVAC system tuned-up and cleaned at the end of the summer. That way, whether you’re using it every day or only using the fan to circulate air, you won’t be moving contaminants from room to room.
- Make sure your ducts are clean. It’s best to have your HVAC professional also clear your ducts thoroughly. This will help prevent mold growth and other unpleasant surprises.
- Have a HEPA filter installed. Especially if someone in your family suffers from allergies or breathing problems, having a HEPA filter installed can greatly reduce the allergens in the air and improve the indoor air quality.
- Use a dehumidifier. In some areas, the air can be very damp, which in turn can affect the air quality. Installing a dehumidifier will address this problem.
- Use a humidifier. On the other hand, certain areas like Arizona and New Mexico often have extremely dry air. If this is the case, you might benefit from installing a humidifier.
Breathe Easy with Air Tech Pros
If you’re interested in improving your home’s indoor air quality, then give the team of HVAC experts at Air Tech Pros a call. We’ll come to you home and assess your situation, then offer you a free estimate. Don’t let your home’s air make you sick: call Air Tech Pros today!