If you find yourself needing a breath of fresh air when you’re simply relaxing in your home, it’s time to consider the fact that your indoor air quality may be in trouble. Sniffling, sneezing, and headaches are all symptoms of poor air quality, and these minor annoyances may lead to major health issues. Air Tech Pros is an HVAC service that specializes in indoor air quality in Sacramento, and their local technicians are dedicated to helping families improve their health, happiness, and comfort by first improving their indoor air quality. They’re here to share facts about these five issues that affect indoor air quality in Sacramento.
- Allergens: If you or a family member suffers from allergies, you know that allergies can turn the simple act of breathing into a painful struggle. Your home should be a safe haven from all of those outdoor allergens, but your HVAC system may be spreading those particulates throughout your home. Make sure all of your vents, vent covers, and air filters are clean to prevent those allergens from being circulated from room to room.
- Chemicals: Everything from new carpets to cleaning supplies let off chemical vapors, and too much will seriously affect your indoor air quality. Upholstered furniture, paints, and attached garages all put your health at risk. Young children, the elderly, and people that suffer from respiratory problems will be especially affected, and symptoms include irritation of the eyes, throat, and lungs.
- Humidity Imbalance: Humid air will do more than make your hair frizz when it’s trapped inside your home. You’ll feel sticky and uncomfortable, but excessively moist air also leads to mold and mildew problems. Humid air will ruin furniture, books, clothes, and your heater will have to work harder to heat the moist air. On the other side of the spectrum, extremely dry air is just as damaging. It increases static electricity, causes nosebleeds, and leaves the body vulnerable to respiratory issues.
- Mold, Mildew, and Other Microorganisms: Many people suffer from severe mold allergies, but even if you’re not technically allergic, breathing in mold or mildew is extremely damaging to your respiratory system. It can lead to long-term respiratory problems and trigger other illnesses.
- Odors: If you’re still inhaling whiffs of last night’s cooking fumes, it’s time to check out your ventilation system. A healthy house will smell clean and fresh, but if your home is full of lingering odors, you may experience side effects like headaches, fatigue, nausea, and respiratory irritation. Air fresheners and candles only make the problem worse, so consider an air purification system.
All of these air quality issues have the potential to cause lasting damage to your health, but Air Tech Pros is here to make sure that doesn’t happen. No matter what the cause, their talented technicians will work hard to find an effective solution. Call them today to learn more about indoor air quality in Sacramento.