Could your Placerville home be on the verge of a major malfunction and you don’t event know it? Do you need furnace replacement in your Placerville home?
Learn the five common indicators that your Placerville home needs furnace replacement and stop a bad problem from getting worse.
- Age: Furnaces are workhorses. They turn oil or natural gas into heat using fire and electricity. When you think about it, it’s incredible that an appliance that is subjected to such damaging elements lasts as long as it does (between 15 and 20 years). If your furnace is pushing the 15-year mark start doing some research. Think about what you want to replace it with now so you won’t have to scramble should it breakdown beyond repair in the near future.
- Increased Energy Bills: When you moved to Placerville, did you buy a new construction or an older home? If you bought new, then you know how well your furnace has been maintained over the years. You know if you’ve had yearly maintenance like you should. You know if maybe there were few years that got skipped. If you bought an older home, then chances are the furnace’s maintenance history is more of a mystery. If your furnace hasn’t been properly maintained it could have undergone unnecessary wear and tear and causing it to work harder to produce the same amount of heat. If your energy bills have gone up, but your average usage hasn’t changed this is a sign that your furnace is overexerting itself.
- Regular Repairs: Yearly maintenance entails cleaning and flushing out the furnace, inspecting for problems and replacing filters. It’s a proactive step that will help your furnace reach the end of its life expectancy. Frequent repairs are entirely different. If your furnace is already over 20 years old you may want to replace it preemptively and stop wasting money on repairing an outdated system. If your furnace is newer, but you find yourself needing to call an HVAC technician on a regular basis, you might just have a lemon or a lower quality furnace.
- Inconsistent Temperatures: Your home should have a consistent temperature. If there’s a noticeable difference in temperature throughout the different rooms you may need to consider furnace replacement. It could be a sign that the ductwork is not configured correctly or that your furnace doesn’t have the ability to get the heat where it needs to go.
- Yellow Flame: If you have a gas furnace in your Placerville home, check the color of the pilot light flame to make sure it is predominantly blue. A mostly yellow flame could be sign that your furnace is producing carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, and can be deadly. There are times when this problem can be repaired and furnace replacement is not necessary, but it is best to let a professional like those at Air Tech make that determination. We want to help you save money, but we won’t do it at the expense of your family’s safety.